Thursday, December 31, 2009

IT IS ALMOST A NEW YEAR

It is 11.05 pm when I start writing this, almost one hour before 2010. It is time for most of us to consider our new resolutions or whatever it is that we still can't achieved in 09... bla... bla... bla... again whatever. How does CMU officers celebrate their new year? Well, GSS is in Malacca with his family, SN is celebrating it with her newborn baby, I could not find MHM car outside, so I suppose he is out there celebrating it, at the moment, SS is in Puchong. Trying to get in bed early because he need to get back to KT around 5.00 am on Friday and from the FB, MAA told me that she prefered not to go anywhere and I don't have any clues as for the rest of the team (NMCH, MSM and MFK). For me, well I would like to make my day before the new year more interesting. So I have few spontaneous plans.... and it involved SS.

APPRESIASI SENI
The sculptures and one of the painting currently display in Galeri Petronas


I do love art (will that make me wierd? or something else?). So, I thought that it will be interesting to go to Galeri Petronas (after all, the admission is free). When we got there, suprisingly the sculptures look very familiar with my work at KT

SS: Eh...bukan ke ini TOOOOTT (sensorlah tu)
MAAG : Ye ker? Macam yer. Cuba baca, material dia.

SS and MAAG admiring one of the sculpture

MAAG: Bukanlah...stainless steel
SS: Serius Akbar, nko pun boleh buat macam ni dengan TOOOOT.


After touring the gallery. We both went to the shop and bought some posters (RM10 each)and postcards (I am very suprised with SS because he also bought a poster). For those who have interests in modern Malaysian arts, do stop by at Galeri Petronas to catch recent exhibit, Rhythm of the 21st Century Monologues of Raja Shahriman from 29 Oct 2009 to 24 Jan 2010. These are quotes from the website for above mention exhibition.


"Though the concept of the exhibition is based on war, indicated through the representations of armour and ammunitions, the underlying notion of Rythmn of the 21st Century is about the innate human nature that constantly engages in prevalent conflicts in this new century, taking cues of what transpired throughout the ages"


The postcards


AVATAR AGAIN (SPOILER ALERT)


Next we decided to go to Cineleisure for Avatar (again...) but this time around, it is in 3D. My goodness, although I watched it for the second time, 3D is even better. However, some incidence were quite interesting for me during the screening of this movie, such as:

a) I do regret myself after I bought the tickets. It was seat for a couple...I meant for a real couple(awkward). Fortunately, the lights turn off quickly and nobodys notice


b) I've asked SS, whatever happen if they are out of stock for the 3D spectacles? Would they simply says, "Dik, sorrylah. Spek habis" and give us Elton John spectacle instead. And I do really wonder how does people with spectacles watch 3D movies. Diaorang gandakan kanta ke? NMCH tolong jawab.

c) While we are watching it, one couple came late and sat infront of me. However, the guy is taller and all I can see from behind was his head and hedgehog hair style. I am so pissed off as his hair does not have 3D effects at all when i'm using the spectacles and blocking my view on the Pandora forest which is far more interesting. So politely, after SS agreed for me to do it, I tapped the guy shoulder and said, " Excuse me, could you lower your head as I can't see from behind".


d) After human destroy the huge tree and Neytiri's father died, I actually heard sombody crying, backrows


e) If you want to get a tips on how to handle big girl, watch Avatar.


f) I am really curious on how actually they 'do it'. Are they using hair (I don't know wether it is French braid or is it a cornrows?) which consist of tantacles to 'do it'. Cause the love scene was quit confusing or LPF already cut it for Malaysian viewers.


g) When Sigourney Weaver were going to died in the movies, it was actually supposed to be a sad moment. But it was not! after somebody used a Lady Gaga ringtone that is not suitable at all and unforgiven for that kind of mood and setting, the song was Poker face, "Can't read my, can't read my...no he can't read my pokerface".


h) I really love to have the pattern on the back of Toruk (the flying beast) for my next 'baju batik'

i) I believed the Na'vi (the alien tribe) are fashion forward. With blue skin, they look very elegent with a little bit of red just to cover certain private parts. Mo'at (Neytiri's mother who are also the shaman) was the most stylish. She even wore something like our very own 'bunga daun getah'.

TO THE OFFICE?

Actually we went there just to pick up our things. But I've managed to take some photos of the office before the new year begins.

Our new mini library, under construction
My previous room, next year will be given to the new officer

The moon, this morning there will be an eclipse. Hope I have the chance to see it.

1 comment:

DrMaya said...

memula aku pakai spek 2 lapis, tapi disebabkan design spek aku sama ngan design spek 3D tu,cuma kecik sket jer so tak fix. Aku then pakai spek 3D saja, ada spot hitam aku nampak kat mata kanan aku, tapi pastu mata aku berpinar2 balik telan panadol huhu..Avatar punya pasal.

sini scene mating tu tak potong...tapi tak sensored pun, citer tu masih tutup2 part yang private tuh hihi...

pakcik sarjan tu lepas kena panah, robot dia jatuh sejibik macam org jatuh, padahal kan pakcik tu duduk jer dalam dada robot, mana boleh dia jatuh lagu tu. Patutnya dia tersandar kat seat saja kan??